Friday, November 3, 2006

Clip Art Whoppie Pies

Condor 177

"Condor 177 Elmas you hear me? Step "

" Next 177 Condor will hear loud and clear. What is your position? "

" fly over Capo Carbonara, a few moments we are on target to Capo Ferrato "

" Condor 177 which target?
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. "

" Condor 177 hear me pass? "

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... "

"Condor 177 what is your position?"
The tape hiss that was dying, like a worm crept into our minds. The silence between us was so intense, that the noise of the recording made us jump.
What goal?. What harm could have the objective of the Financial Police helicopter, which had risen in flight 2 March of that year, for a simple mission control?. For five long minutes
nobody uttered a single syllable.
As my usual, I decided to split our solitary thoughts and at least meet them.
I lit the joint of maryuana I had carefully rolled, and I turned to Julie, who was walking back and forth between the window and the desktop stereo.

-Wait. Send the tape back a little and listen carefully-

NDOR 177 ".... what is your position? Shshsh ... .. ... .. frrr click "
-Shit. I thought I heard something before the end! -
Julie and Matthew turned to me a dirty look.
not enough that I brought you? said Giulio make mandatory.
-Other than a lawyer, you should make the thief my dear, you've always been number one in the next fuck-said.
-I see no difference, "added Matthew grinning. Not already work for one of the most famous "thieves" in Florence? -
-Hey guys, let's go with this plan trivia ... soon you too will lawyers defend the category ... ..-
Matthew, took a long breath after I passed the joint. We looked accomplices knowing that neither of us this year, it would support the state exam to practice.
-C 'is another thing that I must tell you guys. Take off all the heroic aspirations, if they have never entertained in your heart may be faint-hearted. It 'been applied to the state secret-
this matter was always a pleasure to listen to the irreverent tone of solemn and plastically Giulio, but that last sentence was like a whip, one that will leave a mark, the kind that make you remember the books read, already seen the film, the endless discussions that seem to always go to events far away, good to rant and defend ideals, but never so close, never so real and alive, before our eyes and our ears.
Teo did not read novels. Annoyed him. But animal consumed voraciously every book, every essay on the great mysteries of our country. Ustica, Bologna station, italicus, was his obsession and passion. Excerpts of proceedings, investigations, books repented, journalists and judges of alleged perpetrators. Emphasized. Highlighted. Remembered. And s'incazzava. Exactly one year earlier, he had managed to bring an event of commemoration, organized by the victims of the massacre Bologna train station. I stopped reading novels and newspapers only sports. And from that day, I began to get angry a bit 'too.
The door of the small living room suddenly opened.
-So big boy come and eat or not? -
voice calm, but firm of Sara, we walked into the kitchen where we were waiting and Chiara scented pasta with sardines.
Teo and I were visibly upset, but hunger got the better chemistry.
Here I am, single in front of two couples, I now happening with increasing frequency. Now I could really say to feel good. George was a distant memory, like a latent embers alive but covered with ash.
I enjoyed watching the scenes of loving Matthew. I never expected his decision to go to live with Sara. I began to think that the image of me than me forty-five, white forelock and wrinkles on the eye, at the entrance of some club for teenagers, you might have to turn into reality.
Sarah was a pretty girl, long curly hair and large blacks, a pale face framed by smooth and regular features. He loved reading and watching movies involved and tedious, worked for the Italian branch of an NGO in Florence. Quiet and reserved. Perfect for Marco. So very far away from the woman that I wanted.
-Ale and a rag of a woman you just can not keep it? - I said, smiling as he poured some more on my plate 'of spaghetti.
-Ma do not see that it is a rag man? - they said almost in unison Julie and Matthew both with his mouth full.
had been raining for two days. Continuously as it rains in Florence when it decides to rain.
April was a special for me and Matt were a few months since our graduation. Me in a few days I should start an internship with the newspaper La Nazione Tuscan. I had no intention of being a lawyer.
To be honest I would not have ever been able.
My friend was in the typical phase I call "cooling-foot", meaning that think and reflect. And think again. Think and think. But I always look at your feet and not go on, do not open your eyes and you decide. We kept
Mom and Dad's money, and other incidental income, legal or not.
I had been the only one of my friends who still buy some smoke, but that grass, the fantastic cuisine of Puglia Sara last cd Radiohead made us eat and talk about taste.
Julius and Claire, his beautiful girlfriend anonymous as they left early. I stayed as long as the loving glances between Mark and Sara are not turned into desire.
Not a word was said, on what we heard with a few hours earlier. I smoked only by the barrel
goodnight. Pontevecchio crossed, and his security guard, seized by uncontrollable sleep n, ell'abitacolo cold and uncomfortable for a white panda. I looked at a a sculpture in the Loggia, Piazza della Signoria in a desert. A sad saxophone notes filled the Uffizi, while I was on the porch light off Georgofili, I thought maybe we had placed our personal state secret.

0 comments:

Post a Comment