I'm not afraid to die In
I'M NOT SCARED
passed the first houses, those in the front row. Those that you wake up and yawning sea. Ping a magic silence broken shock absorber. The mastic accompanies my path swings, l'arbre magique-shaped leaf of marijuana hung in the mirror, oscillating at each hole I make. A strong smell of grass transpires from the seats, I think I can safely say The previous owner of this car was anything but a healthy.
I keep a slow pace. I'm on the edge of the ridge of rock beneath which begins on the beach. I can see several blocks of clay, collapsed in the sand. Step oblique to a machine that moves from hazy firm unequivocally, the sail of a kite on the horizon seems to be my guide.
advance slowly for 50 meters.
another machine. E 'that of Matthew. Here we are.
get down on the shoreline fouling the habit of clay dust, The beach is deserted.
Now it has become the hot summer. Take a deep breath, I feel a new sense of anguish. I get lost in gliding and kite spirals upward colored plows the sea and the wind goes. I think maybe it's never too late to remove his regret for something that was not done in his time.
-not beautiful? -
taking me around like a spring. Behind me in cream crew neck cotton sweater, baggy jeans, completely shaved and gleaming in the sun that beats, Matthew uses the latest shots of her ever-present Marlboro red.
It 's a short hug. load. eloquent.
-We should have done ten years ago, remember? - He began his career as if he had any emotion scratched.
-Ten years ago we did not even have the money to the table.
-not a question of money Ale and you know it well. We removed all our desires. When they were strong. When they were passions. To fly over the sea I have not yet passed
.- Matthew is not cold. It 'much more sensitive than me. But do not confess a weakness or a problem, even under the most cruel tortures.
-What else should you not pass? -, The apostrophe nailing it with his eyes.
-one that too many years have you stopped! - I answered without taking a moment for her big brown eyes from my small and light.
Neither has ever given first when we stare.
has a look so determined and tough, that seems strange coming from his round face, with features regular and delicate.
I think what we're different. And complementary. Perhaps this has always united us. Mutual respect and curiosity to discover and learn the qualities that he wanted to steal one another, adding to their own.
-Wow that makes the jump! - Breaks the silence indicating kite flying over the boats moored in the water.
nod, and try to observe his own genuine envy that guy a lot of fun and brings a kite in the sky and sea.
-holy God, but how hot it is? -
Marco looked at me laughing.
-You know I still can not get used to seeing you dressed like that? I know I'm telling you for years now but to me you're always a barbarian imprisoned in a full-Lo ..-
I say it is from God and you are envious-
I can not finish the sentence, burst into laughter as I took off the jacket, unbuttoned his shirt, and both rolled up his trousers above his knees.
It 's a wonderful day. The wind is dropping. The sun is filled with cool water and warm on the zenith of our calves on the shore.
-What have you discovered Matthew? - I ask suddenly. A question DS. A gun to whip inevitable that goes straight and waited.
pressing the foot is up to squirt water, but I interrupt his movement in half.
Give me a cigarette, she asks the decision without looking at me.
a long breath.
We sit a little further, on two slabs of smooth rock and smooth, with your feet above the water. Ale-
we. I found the piece that was left-un'entusiasmo speaks with almost childlike, but with cheeks zealous anger. As if he saw the time to yell everything he had into it. As if waiting for other things, that throwing out all accumulated frustration. As if someone now would allow this.
It bathes the polished skull. The massages, welcoming its perfect roundness.
-So where are the pieces of the helicopter-
few words dried, marked up, while his gaze is lost to the island of Maldiventre, thanks to clear skies and clear, now is clearly visible to the naked eye.
remain silent and motionless.
-To be precise, I'm going to be people who will tell me where they hid the bloody carcass of helicopter-
I grab it firmly by the shoulders.
-You're a damn stubborn. We said we would not have spoken more. Have you forgotten? But who do you think you are? But what the fuck do you think? -
is free of my abrupt close, pouring out smoke from his cigarette, and looking for a few seconds long and sullen and threatening.
-you swore it did not want to know more. You kind of rabbit you coward stopped ruin your liver and look for a reason. You pretend not to know anything.
-I have no fear-
He damn reason. As I was damn reason to be afraid.
sdrammatizzante smiled.
-Matthew, I perhaps for the first time since Giorgio am in love again. I love my job. I love my life and I'm a fucking selfish. And so are you. Let's stop here. Together we have found the limit not be exceeded, we enjoy life together now aware that there is something rotten and that there will
-breath.
-that center us? We knew too
.- Six-pathetic-Matthew superimposes its set to voice my sentences.
do not know if I said that shit while I face credible. I do not even believe me.
We wish a long time. As always.
A ray of light divides us, and reflects on His head shaved. The sea smooth as oil writes and erases his secrets of water on the sand.
A corner of my mouth stretches into a grimace slightly hinted at gradually. Not many seconds pass before another loud laughter overwhelm us.
-forgotten everything? Sometimes you sciacquetta has clouded your brain? Do not tell me you're going to sell old playboy from peanuts, please let me laugh again ... - Matthew continues without ceasing to do with me.
-say-I have not forgotten anything decided choking our laughter.
-I remember everything .-
I thought all we had before. Every time I close the ass by fear. Every time I felt close to a hero discover something great. Whenever I felt helpless and stupid. Whenever someone had frustrated our attempts to shed some light. Every time I reached the dark. Fear. The threat. Yield.
-We have done more than we could. Son's been ten years since that incident. We said just the right time. Believe me-
Matthew expects impassive as a sphinx, the end of my outburst.
Then, her voice warms the air with the sun.
-Ale, listen to me. It's not just the fear that stopped us. We missed something or someone. Now we have them both. We stopped trying and now we have the man we were looking for. And 'the man who can provide answers to families of these two men. E 'stamp endorsing all that is known, but no one could prove
-Mario Zedda. We called him the ghost. She had always been the key hidden. The continuous variable of the whole affair. Silenced. Forced to disappear. Forced to come to terms with his guilt.
now speaks only to the sea. Between us silence noisy electrical load of new hopes and old fears.
-How can you be so sure? Why would someone want to talk right now and risk his life, a tragedy that no one thinks anymore?
I stop my sentences thrown back in his throat. I did not need to answer. I would not have pulled back for the world.
-game tonight for Brazil-
me a big hug.
-Are you with me my friend?
-Son with you .-
I looked away, smiling.
had to meet the ghost. I just had to wait for his signal. Wait. We had to beat them on time. The sea-
returns everything! - Yelled before getting in the car and start the engine.
I could not stop him. I did not want to stop it.
all began 10 years ago. By chance. Per game. For rabies. To unconsciousness. There cagavamo below. As before. Much more than before. But there was the desire to come back together the pieces of the damn helicopter. We knew what was behind, but we could not go forward. We believed again. As two recent graduates in their thirties confused, immature, and irresponsible, who decided to find out what had really happened, the day when the sea swallowed up forever the 'Condor Augusta 177 helicopter.
0 comments:
Post a Comment